It is a Book by Louann Brizendine, and not an attempt by me for any interpretation of any sort to this topic.
The author is taking a biological approach into describing how female brain works and where it is different from that of a male. It rahter strickly base the explanation on Neuro-Hormone characteristics. Neurotransmitter (dopamine, serotonine, oxytocin,norepinephrine) and hormones (estrogen, progestrone, testosterone etc ..) according to the author, can determine what the brain is interested in doing. Such chemicals help guide social, sexual and aggressive behaviours. In a nutshell, biology represents the foundation of our personalities and behavioural tendencies.
The book is both interesting and amusing, however, i am not sure about the validity of the scientific basis behind the facts introduced in the book.
Some of the issues that the book introduces, again, it would be nice to assert the scientific source of these issues
- Every brain starts as a female brain!!! and that holds true until the 8th week after conception.
- Women use 20,000 words a day while men user about 7,000 (no science is needed to prove this).
- IQs average the same, for both sexes
- Women have faster and broader verbal skills.
-Women have more neurons in the part of the brain devoted to emotions and to detecting emotions in others.
- The average man will think about sex as often as once a minute, while the average woman will think of sex much less often, as infrequently as once every one or two days, stated by the auther as "Women have an eight-lane superhighway for processing emotion, while men have a small country road," she writes. Men, however, "have O'Hare Airport as a hub for processing thoughts about sex, where women have the airfield nearby that lands small and private planes".
-A 20-second hug will trigger the release of oxytocin in a woman's brain. The effect of this chemical will often give the woman a feeling of trust in the person hugging her.
and many more. It is a fun book to read
available in Amman (books @cafe)
www.rbooks.co.uk for 7.99 pounds
Getting Ref of the View Object referenced by the current Iterator binding for One iterator page without knowing the name of the iterator
Getting Ref of the View Object referenced by the current Iterator binding for One iterator page without knowing the name of the iterator ...
عمان كانون ثاني ٢٠١٧ اجد نفسي، وبعد ان خال لي اني هجرت الكتابة في هذا البلوج بضع من الزمان ، اعاود طرق بابة لجمال ما قرأت وذلك بعد ا...
Today, while i was helping Dubai Police to go live with their new Oracle Forms10g application, we came across a problem when displaying Arab...