Commonly, on the other hand, it is used to descirbe what happens after
-Queen Alia Amman international Airport was closed all night and was reopened this morning at 9:30 (so my wife can arrive from Dubai today)
-Wide spread freezing after the temperature dropped to below zero during the night
-36 hours of now caused at least 40cm of accumulation in areas like west Shemisani (around 940 M above sea level)
- temperature now At 11 am IS 2.1 degrees.
- bitter cold tonight (-4) with more freezing and hazardous driving conditions
- All businesses , government etc are closed for the second day in a row
- The low pressure system has moved to to the east and we are under the remaining front. Skies will become partly cloudy, some snow flurries every now and then.
-Temperature on the rise tomorrow and Saturday to reach again seasonal average
-Humidity is still high (90%)
-Atmospheric presure is on the rise,, actually has risen by 10 mb since last night confirming the end of the storm
-This storm was marked by high winds all through due to the low value of the atmospheric pressure the prevailed during the storm
-Main roads are open, but one should exercise extreme caution, inner roads are almost close and I do not recommend driving at inner roads without 4x4, as you are bound to get stuck and hamper the efforts of others who have emergencies.
- Have not heard of major accidents, power loss, except on the personal level, i am running out of food supplies! But i will resolve the issue this afternoon- The fun part is over, the ugly part of melting snow, slippery conditions, cold evening and depressing scenery of dirty snow remians.
The following are pictures that i took this morning from the window of my home
Note the frozen water drops on the left bottom side of the picture indicating the sub zero temperatures